Cool Touch™ 150
- Thermal System Animation
- Technical Specifications (PDF)
- Large Product Image
- Dimensioned Drawing (IMG)
- Dimensioned Drawing (PDF)
- Request a Quote
- The Cool Touch™ 150 Heat Torch is a robust air heating tool designed for high reliability, long life and substantial air flow. In-service applications include staking, curing, drying, heat-shrinking, sterilization, adhesive activation, air scrubbing and air knives.
- The CoolTouch™150 HeatTorch heating element is contained in a 2.0" diameter stainless steel pipe. The heater body is 4.7" long for power ratings from 500 to 2500 watts, and 8.31" long for power ratings of 2750 to 5000 watts. The standard power increments are 250 watts and 500 watts, respectively.
- Allowable air flow is from 4.8 to 70 SCFM. Maximum air input temperature is 250°F. Maximum air output temperature is 1300° F.
- The standard inlet fitting is a 0.5" NPT female. Standard outlets include 0.25", 0.5" and 1" NPT female fittings and no exhaust fitting.
Build Your Own Heater
The builder below will allow you to select options for a Cool Touch™ 150. If you are uncertain if the Cool Touch™ 150 is right for you, please use the builder on the main Cool Touch page. If you are uncertain if a Cool Touch is the right solution for your needs, please learn about our other product offerings on our Standard Air Heaters page.
Builder Your Own Heater Tool Demonstration
Part Number: CT150 - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ?
Cool Touch™ 150 - General Product Specifications
|Specification||Value / description|
|704° C (1300° F)|
|121° C (250°F)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure*||120 PSIG|
|Mounting||Horizontal / Vertical|
|Leads||14 Gauge, 12" long|
|Heater Body||Stainless Steel|
|Heater Fittings||Stainless Steel|
* Note: minor leakage through stranded leads
Cool Touch™ 150 - Industries & Applications
Applications for the Cool Touch™ 150 include
- Heat Shrinking
- Adhesive Activation
- Air Scrubbing
- Air Knives
Feel free to contact us and tell us about your heating needs.
Make use of our tools and resources aimed at helping you make an informed decision.
Calculate the electrical power, flow rate or temperature requirement as follows:
SCFM = airflow in standard cubic feet per minute
ΔT = temperature rise in degrees F from the inlet to the exhaust
Watts = SCFM x ΔT/3
Fill in two values to determine the third.
Single Phase Unit
Line Current= Wattage / Voltage
Three Phase Unit
Line Current = Wattage / (Voltage * √3)
°F = ( ( ( °C * 9) / 5 ) + 32 )
°C = ( ( ( °F - 32) * 5 ) / 9 )